Workshop on Improved Planning and Investments through SEA
Vientiane, Lao PDR 9th December 2015
Funded by CEP and co-organized with the Lao PDR Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MONRE), this workshop was designed to:
- Present the current status of national and provincial socioeconomic development planning.
- Present current legal, institutional and technical status in deploying strategic environmental assessment (SEA) and integrated spatial planning (ISP) in the country.
- Build common understanding on the purpose and benefits of applying SEA and ISP for strategy planning and investments.
- Present steps and best practices in SEA application.
- Propose next steps in supporting SEA application in Lao PDR.
More than 50 participants attended from MONRE, the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI), and select line ministries (energy, transport and urban), as well as representatives from the Luang Namtha provincial government. This event was part of the CEP activity “SEA Support for Strategic Planning in Lao PDR”
|SEA workshop 10 December 2015_Final Program.pdf||241 KB||15-12-2015|
|1. Introduction and objectives of the workshop_EN.pdf||215 KB||15-12-2015|
|2. 8th Lao National SocioEconomic Development Plan-Lao.pdf||6 MB||15-12-2015|
|3. Natural Resources and Environment Strategy and Action Plan.pdf||4 MB||15-12-2015|
|4. The role of SEA and ISP_EN.pdf||727 KB||15-12-2015|
|4. The role of SEA and ISP_Lao.pdf||481 KB||15-12-2015|
|5. Status of SEA in Lao PDR_Lao.pdf||6 MB||15-12-2015|
|6. Status of ISP in Lao PDR_Lao.pdf||1 MB||15-12-2015|
|7. Group exercise on SEA application_EN.pdf||1 MB||15-12-2015|
|7. Group exercise on SEA application_Lao.pdf||992 KB||15-12-2015|
|8. SEA at scale_EN.pdf||347 KB||15-12-2015|
|8. SEA at scale_Lao.pdf||335 KB||15-12-2015|
Back to Online Library