Inception Workshop on Multisector Planning in Viet Nam
Hanoi, Viet Nam 26 to 27 May 2015
Addressing the many development and environmental challenges in the GMS will require finding ways for sectors to plan and work together more closely. Multisector planning approaches contribute greatly to strategic planning processes by bringing sectors together to discuss and understand core development challenges and to identify pathways to overcome these challenges. In doing so, they promote economic, environmental, and social sustainability. Multistakeholder dialogues and scenario-based modelling tools are essential to develop a shared understanding of core challenges, drivers of change, and alternative development pathways.
This inception workshop, which took place on 27 and 28 May in Hanoi, Viet Nam, was the first in a series under the activity ‘Strengthening Multisector Planning Processes for Environmental Sustainability in the GMS.’ Socioeconomic development and other major plans for Lao Cai Province, in the north of Viet Nam, are the focus of the activity. A scenario-based model will be developed and provide the basis for future capacity building for participants from the GMS countries and other provinces of Viet Nam.
The main objectives of the inception workshop were to:
- Introduce the multisector planning activity and approach.
- Identify opportunities on how the activity can contribute to the development of Lao Cai’s Socio-Economic Development Master Plan (SEDMP) and the design and implementation of relevant GMS Regional Investment Framework (RIF) projects planned for the province.
- Build synergies with ongoing efforts in Viet Nam in promoting Strategic Environmental Assessment to improve the sustainability of development plans and investments.
- Identify 1-2 key development challenges that multisector planning approaches and tools can be applied to under the activity.
- Finalize working arrangements for implementing the activity in Viet Nam.
- Draft the scope of Lao Cai multisector planning exercise, based on core challenges, drivers of change, and development goals as outlined in existing plans, documents, and assessments.
- Identify the data sources required for modeling.
- Develop joint work plans with the WGE Viet Nam Country Coordinator, CEP National Support Unit and Working Groups.
|MSP_Scoping _Trip_Lao Cai Meeting_ Agenda.pdf||323 KB||25-05-2015|
|MSP_Scoping_Trip_National Meeting_Agenda.pdf||320 KB||25-05-2015|
|Master Planning on Socio-Economic Development-English.pdf||148 KB||01-06-2015|
|Master Planning on Socio-Economic Development-Vietnamese.pdf||335 KB||01-06-2015|
|MSP Inception Report ISET Draft-English.pdf||1 MB||01-06-2015|
|Multi-Sectoral Planning Processes in Viet Nam-English.pdf||1 MB||01-06-2015|
|Multi-Sectoral Planning Processes in Viet Nam-Vietnamese.pdf||3 MB||01-06-2015|
|Phat trien KTXH Lao Cai-Vietnamese.pdf||4 MB||01-06-2015|
Back to Online Library